What should you learn in ten minutes that will be useful for you for the rest of your life?

Case 1 18th April 2019
It was Election Day in my city. We got up early and went to cast our votes. When we came back, and my father was unlocking the main gate, a woman in her mid-thirties, thin and short, but still healthy, wearing shabby clothes came up to him and asked for some money. I was listening to their conversation because I was standing close to him.
She - “Sir, give me some money sir. I have a marriage in my home. Please help us, Sir.”
My father gave her one 5Rs coin.
She (slightly sarcastic and angry) - “5 Rs only? You're rich people. You have a car, you have a big house. At least give 500Rs.”
I was furious. I stopped my father from talking to her further and stepped up, and said in the strictest tone.
I - “If these 5 Rs are disrespectful to you, return me the coin, I will happily accept it back because we earn every penny by honesty and hard work, and we are not obligated in any way to give you any money for the marriage in your home. However, you are not going to get even a penny more from this door. Either take it or leave it.”
She began blabbering but went away in a minute.
Case 2 - 30th April 2019
I and my guy were out. We were wandering around a street food road and discussing what should we eat. Finally, we sat down to have ‘Dosai' and ordered 1 plate.
In the first few bites only, we figured out that the food had gone bad due to hot weather of summers, especially the potatoes used as the filling. We went up to him and told him that we cannot eat the food as we might fall ill, however, we would still pay because we did buy a plate. He tried to convince us but how we can risk our health in such summers for 60Rs? We did not want to take any chance.
However, when he saw that we were adamant on not eating that food, he denied to charge us. We told him several times that we should pay because we did use one of his plates, and why should he suffer the loss of both his material and money together, but he did not take the money.
He: “Madam, Sir, how can I take this money from you when you haven't eaten from my stall. I might take free money from you in this world as I am not rich, but I would have to pay you back much more in some other world. I only accept what I have rightfully earned.”
We left his stall from a heavy heart. We did feel bad that he did not take the money, but we both agreed that the principles of that man are impressive, and everyone should learn from him.
What should you learn in ten minutes that will be useful for you for the rest of your life?
Never accept the money you haven't earned. Never try to cheat people. Don't do freeloading. There are rich people who are greedy and there are poor people who are greedy and such people will do anything to make easy money. Don't be like them. Work hard to make money. Also, don't believe in giving free charity to young and healthy people.
Money should be earned. Not begged.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are the benefits of getting married later in life?

Advantages Of Digital Publishing in 2022

Five Ways To Become A Better Writer