Does having a son changes a woman's perception about men?

Few days back my thirteen year old nephew got slapped by a girl of his class!

So some days back my sister reached the tution class sharp at 8 P.M. to pick up her son, but found him crying when he entered the car.

What happened? Why are you crying? Did your teacher scold you?’ She asked her son.

‘No aunty. A girl slapped him. That too twice.’ Another girl, (my nephew call her sister, and the girl's mother and my sister are very good friends) said while she sat down on the backseat.

Why? What happened? Tell me everything?’ My sister was mortified.

She was calling me ‘fatty' and insulting me continuously, so I also called her ‘fatty' too. As soon as I said it, she slapped me twice.’ My nephew answered this time.

And then what did you do?’ My sister enquired.

I did not hit her back, don't worry. You told me not to disrespect girls. But I went and complained to my teacher, but he told me to behave while she simply went away.’ My nephew was visibly angry.


My sister got out from the car and went inside to meet the tution teacher with both the kids.

How can you scold my son when it was him who was made fun of and slapped by the girl, and let the girl go without saying a word to her? You are a teacher, how can you act like this? ’ Now it was the turn of my sister to get angry.

‘Ma'am, she's a thirteen year old girl, how can I say anything to her. You know one has to be soft and forgiving with girls, one cannot be harsh with them otherwise whole society will start criticizing you.’ The tution teacher clarified.


My sister was dumbstruck.

And when she told me, so was I.

My nephew might not be my own birth son, but is a son like figure.

After having four baby boys in our family after a generation of girls (we are three sisters, no brother), a lot of our misconceptions got shattered. We learnt that boys need as much protection as girls, if not more. There are various ways in which men can be harmed unethically in this society, and unfortunately if such sad things happen there are no laws to protect our men.

Almost everyone sides with the girl, right or wrong.

We have four boys in our family, and we try to inculcate values in them, try to teach them that they have to be careful, very careful, because in many cases, the society will be against them even when they are not wrong.

You will not understand the real pain of a woman until you have a daughter, and you will not understand the real pain of a man until you have a son.

What have I learnt after having these four boys in our family?

I don't decide the culprit just by seeing the gender. I need to see the actions and the backstory to judge who was wrong.

Our offsprings teach us many things we had no idea of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are the benefits of getting married later in life?

Advantages Of Digital Publishing in 2022

Five Ways To Become A Better Writer