What shortcuts in life are never worth taking?

Hey, you working on your next book?’ A reader asked me one day on Instagram.
‘Yes, I am.’ I replied.
What’s the plot?’ He curiously questioned.
‘Well, that's a surprise.’
Oh tell me a little bit, I won't reveal it to anyone.’ He tried again.
‘Nope.’ The decision was final.
‘It is okay. Well if not yours, can you tell me some other plot, you know, just give me an idea about a book.’ The guy was adamant.
‘Why?’
Because I want to be an author too.’ He revealed.
‘Then you should try to think about the plot by yourself, research about it, read a lot, and then write.’ I explained him the process of writing a book.
‘That is a tedious process. It can all take several months to years. I also have a day job and other things in my life, you know. But if you can give me the story line, and help me a bit, you will make my dream come true. I will also pay you. Help me.’ He sounded desperate.
‘Nope. Sorry. If it is really your dream, you'll do it, even if takes an entire life.’
You’re so arrogant. You can have thousands of ideas, can't you tell some of them to me? Becoming an author is my dream too. Can't you help me a bit? I thought so highly of you.’
‘If it is your dream, you need to work hard for it yourself from the base. If you do complete and publish your book, that day let me know. I will surely buy and read the book. I can contribute this much.’
No thank you. Keep your mercy.’
‘Cool.’
He never replied after that. A few days earlier, he unfollowed me.
What shortcuts in life aren't worth taking?
Copying others, others ideas and hard work to fulfill your dreams. Taking the easy way out. Cheating to have easy success. Asking others to do your share of work for you, while you enjoy the results.
If you cannot draft your own original stories, you cannot become a real author or a writer. He did not actually want to do the work of an author, but still wants to be referred to as one. From the conversation, I realized he lacked the intention of hard work. He did not even want to try.
What if Shah Rukh Khan asks his doppelganger to act on his behalf while he himself sips a cup of coffee, and after the movie release call himself the actor of the film?
It takes immense hard work and challenges to achieve your dream, whatever it is. You need to take the stairs, no matter how much it pains, no matter how many times you roll down. You cannot take the elevator to go up.
Plagiarism is the shortcut no one should take for false fame and success, especially in creative fields.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are the benefits of getting married later in life?

Advantages Of Digital Publishing in 2022

Five Ways To Become A Better Writer