Things That Make Me Sad

  • Once on my birthday, I distributed 30 five star chocolates of Rs 5 each to 30 kids who were working/sleeping on the streets around my city. Whole process took two hours. While I was giving one chocolate to this little boy, there was this Rickshaw puller standing beside him. He said “What madam, you're rich, and still you're giving just this 5Rs chocolate to our kids. You should give at least a hundred Rs chocolate to each kid.”
The entitlement some poor feel on the money of the people who earned it by working hard after several years generation after generation makes me sad.
  • My neighbor is out, and they've left an old woman with her 18 year well built son to guard the house since 45 days. Every day she asks for water, ice and food sometimes. We give her whatever we can provide. One evening I was roaming in my garden and her son was sitting outside. I thought he will ask for the items as his mother wasn't around, but he was busy on his phone. So I locked all the gates and came inside thinking maybe they don't need anything.
But after sometime around 10 in the night the old lady called me on the landline and asked me to bring water/ice/food. I told her why didn't her son ask for the same when I was out, as now I would have to unlock all the doors. She said her son doesn't ask for anything from anyone, he thinks he will belittle himself, so she only ask for things and he consumes them.
The fake arrogance teenagers or youth have today, without even achieving anything in life, without having any resources, really saddens me. And no, I didn't give them anything that day. That boy needs to learn a lesson. If he wants help, he needs to learn how to bow down and save his arrogance for the day when he acheives something.
  • I have few close friends who wear their heart at sleeves. No seriously, they lose their heart in a blink of a moment. But that's not the sad part. The sad part is when their relationship fails within few months and still they repeat the cycle always saying that this time things are going to be different.
The way “love” is being treated as joke by our generation deeply saddens me. Casual dating, open relationships, two-timing, cheating, one-night stands, friends with benefits, different flavors, say whatever you want to say, but at-least don't normalise them. No person can fall in true love with you in three months. Period.
  • I was riding on my Activa. There was this Honda City right in front of me. I saw an uncle, 50 or above, rolling down the window and throwing some sort of wrapper on the road, and then rolling back the glass up so as to save himself from the polluted air in his AC expensive big car.
No matter how rich and educated some people are, their utter lack of civic and road sense, their lack of morality and manners are really disappointing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are the benefits of getting married later in life?

Advantages Of Digital Publishing in 2022

Five Ways To Become A Better Writer