Is Bollywood Destroying Hinduism?


Last night, we had a 'Devi Jagran' in our colony. Now as the whole program was right next to my house, and also as I sleep around 3–4 A.M, I thought it would be a great idea to listen some 'bhajans', and go all religious for a change.
The program started. It was all good uptil the clock striked midnight. It was now that the tunes changed. Earlier the artists were singing some nice slows bhajans, but then after midnight, they undergone a massive change.
I was trying to draft my book, when I suddenly heard the tunes of Mere Rashke-e-kamar”. I was surprised. Why would they play this song in Devi Jagran? Then I concentrated on the lryics. They were still prasing Devi Maa, but the tunes were of the above mentioned song.
Then came a tune from the song of 'Veer Zara'.
Then came a tune of 'Naagin dance'.
Then came the tune of 'Chali Chali' from Baghban.
Then came the tune of “Ishq sufiyana”.
Then came some tune that seemed to be from some Punjabi song, as it was very, very perky and upbeat.
I was still trying to do some productive work, but my ears were constantly stuck to the tunes.
I finally lost my control at 'Didi tera dewar deewana'.
Here I have mentioned only 4–5 tunes, however there were clearly at least 10–15 tunes taken directly from Bollywood.
We are Hindus. We have such melodious bhajans, that our ancestors have been singing in temples since thousands of years, where are they? What happened to them? I hear these Bollywood songs on daily basis, but when it comes to listening some bhajans, I see such artists, in real life, and even on social media, singing these bhajans in Bollywood tunes.
What happened to our bhajans?
Where is the beauty of surrendering oneself to our Devi Maa with soft and meaningful Hindu chants?
If I want to listen some authentic Hindu bhajans and chants, should I have to dive into a pool of Bollywood tunes with disappointing lyrics?
Is Bollywood destroying Hinduism?
Yes.
But.
Hindus are destroying Hinduism more by accepting everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are the benefits of getting married later in life?

Advantages Of Digital Publishing in 2022

Five Ways To Become A Better Writer