What's a practical advice for the modern generation?

“Its been a year since our break up. He and I were together for two long years. He was an Engineer in an MNC, and I was working as a government doctor in the city hospital during those days. We met at a wedding. The bride was his cousin, the groom was my school friend. The little flirting soon turned into a drunk makeout and the sensual spark soon led to a full-fledged relationship, which, unfortunately, after a couple of years, we had to call quits.
Why you might ask. Was it because we weren't compatible or is it because one of us was cheating on the other? Was it because we were bored of the monotony, or did the relationship simply met its natural end? Was it because our families were against love marriages, or was it because we just did not have the patience to understand love?
Well, neither I nor he knows for sure what the exact reason was. The reason might be was a mixture of all of them, or not. It wasn't like we decided the expiry date, we simply 'fell out of love'. Yeah, just like that. No melodrama. It had been months since none of us was feeling what we both did once, and then one day we simply decided to meet and then called it off. There was no shouting, no arguing, no blaming, no insulting, there was just a simple yet honest communication over a cup of chai and a plate of samosa, that we were not in love with each other anymore. That's it. That was it. We hugged and wished each other all the best, and I will not lie, we did cry too a little! After all, no matter how mature you act, breakups are hard on hearts.
We have never called or met after the breakup, but we still text each other sometimes. Nothing over the top, simple messages about life and stuff. I feel I owe him this much, and I think he feels this too. We might be, or might not be in love with each other, but we sure had a habit of being around each other. As friends if not anything more. I think we owe each other the help in moving on without crushing our lives. We haven't blocked each other on social media. I 'liked' his recent cover photo on Facebook and he reciprocated the gesture by 'hearting' my Instagram post of a night out. We aren't backbiting each other too. We broke up, but we are not treating each other as a disease.
You might want to ask me if there was ever any 'real love' between us. Yes, there was. That is why we were together for years. And that is why we separated when it simply 'died'. Life is not a Bollywood movie. No one can guarantee you a lifetime of love. You ought to experience that. And we had our share of love in that relationship, but after a while, we both understood that we were not meant to be. And we did not want to drag and force a relationship just for the sake of it. When things weren't right between us, we chose to be honest, unlike many others who lie or cheat while being in an unhappy relationship. And yes, breaking up because you just don't love each other anymore is a fine reason. Save a lot of confusion.
I still have the pictures. I still have the gifts given by him. I still have his song recommendations in my playlist. Every once in awhile I stumble upon something which reminds me of him. And when that happens, fortunately, I don't think about him with resentment or bitterness.
When I think about him now, I think about a man who was once a beautiful part of my life and heart, about someone who simply helped me in learning about love a bit more.
But most importantly, when I look into a mirror, I see a woman who chose to be honest in a relationship when things weren't working out, instead of carrying it like a burden and doing things which would have made both of us miserable.”
Practical Piece of advice for people out there?
If you're not feeling belonged with your partner in your relationship, its better to separate on good terms, instead of going behind them, lying to them, cheating them, fighting with them, blaming them or doing any of such actions. It's completely futile to carry a dead relationship. Sooner or later one would have to bury the relationship that's not working. So its simple to be honest instead.
P.S- It was a story.

Comments

  1. I was married for 16 years to a loving mother and wife. We had 2 children together who are now 11 and 13. I reconnected with an old girlfriend from college on Facebook and we began an affair and I left my wife. The woman I had an affair with is a wonderful woman and I love her too and our kids had begun accepting the situation and my wife has kind of moved on, but not in love with the man she is seeing. I thought I fell out of love with my wife and I felt terrible about what I did to her - she is a good woman and I don't know what came over me. I decided to try and get her back and I was recommended to Lord Zakuza for help to get reunited with my wife and within 48 hours after I made contact with Lord Zakuza my wife decided to work things out with me and now we are back together with our children living as one happy family. I really don't know the words to use in appreciation of what Lord Zakuza did for me but I will say thank you sir for reuniting I and my family back. For those in trying times with their marriages or relationship can WhatsApp Lord Zakuza for help with this number +1 740 573 9483 or you can send him an email to Lordzakuza7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What are the benefits of getting married later in life?

Advantages Of Digital Publishing in 2022

Five Ways To Become A Better Writer