Are You In A Relationship With Them Even After Break-Up?

‘I lay in my bed lifelessly. I haven't left it for three days. I haven't showered, hell I haven't shaved for two weeks. She liked my stubble look, and now whenever I look into the mirror, I wonder if she would have found this look as attractive. I pick up my phone and take a selfie, contemplate if I should send it to her like before and ask her what she thinks. But I don't. I keep the phone back.
I get up slowly from the bed to use the restroom, and then stuff my mouth with few pieces of bread. Enough to keep me alive. I have lost some weight because of my lack of eating, especially for two weeks, when I left my job after serving my two months resignation period. Two weeks and I haven't left my rented room. I haven't told anyone back at home that I am jobless and depressed.
We broke up two months ago. I won't go into the reasons. But after that, my life had turned upside down. I have no sense of time anymore. I try to sleep, but I cannot. I simply turn and toss restlessly. I stalk her profile for hours, happy that she hasn't blocked me. Yet. I listen to her favorite songs on loop, watch the movies she liked, and wait for a message or call from her. I look at our pictures together, I sit amidst the gifts that were given by her. I cry sometimes. I live in her memories. Sometimes I write my feelings on a paper and then tear it up into pieces. I watch comedy and motivation videos, but the pain doesn't fade. She left me for someone else, that pain doesn't leave.
But today is different. After months of grief, today I decide something. I go back to the bathroom and shave. Then, I take a long shower, cleaning my body and my find off her Staleness. I wear fresh clothes. Then I order my favorite dish from the food app. After filling myself, I quietly take out all her gifts and keep them neatly in a box, tape it and keep it out for the sweeper to pick it up. Then, I delete all her pictures, songs, messages, emails, call records and numbers from my phone. Then I move to social media and block her from every single one. And then, I do one last thing.
You chose him over me months back. Today, I am choosing my life over you. I am breaking up with you today.”
And I send her the message, before blocking her on the last social app.
I cry, but I feel good. I feel free. I know I am still in pain. I know that I need time to come out of it. I also know that I will always remember her when that one song will play somewhere or when I'll walk down the same roads next time I go to her city for work. I know a part of her, that relationship will always live inside me. But, I also know that I will no longer waste my time in stalking her, looking at her pictures or waiting for her call. I know that I will no longer put my life on pause for her. I will no longer live in her memories.
I am not sure if or when I will fall in love again. I am in no hurry. If it's in my destiny, love will come to find me. But until that time, I will learn to love myself and my life again.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are the benefits of getting married later in life?

Advantages Of Digital Publishing in 2022

Five Ways To Become A Better Writer