Why am I so afraid to fall in love?

Random answer on Quora
He: 'She dumped me and moved on to another city. She just lost interest in me suddenly. I don't know what to do now. It hurts. Love hurts.
Another friend in real life -
She: 'He cheated on me with another woman. Five years of relationship, and last month I found out he was cheating on me with a colleague of his since past six months. What do I do now? I am destroyed. Love destroyed me.
A post on Facebook -
He: 'She makes fun of me all the time. She regularly fights with me, calls me a loser because I don't make as much money as some her 'friends'. I am loosing myself in this relationship. Love is a myth.
A post on Instagram -
She: 'I had to breakup with him. He was abusive and manipulative. He always criticized me, controlled me, sometimes abused me. He humiliated me in private and public. I thought we were in love, but no, love just don't exist.
Why you and a lot of other people are afraid of falling in love?
  • Among-st the hundreds of stories we see or listen around ourselves, 80–90% turns out to be a failure, be it cheating, ghosting, abusive, controlling, possessive or lack of efforts. When we constantly hear negative things about love, we develop a negative feeling towards it, and hence want to stay away to protect ourselves.
  • Second, our past and our future majorly impact our love life. The people who have had a series of bad experiences in past relationships tends to get afraid of love. Same away, sometimes future commitments fright ens us.
How to be unafraid of love?
It is simple. You accept it in completeness. With the good sides, comes the bad sides too. Be ready for them. Yes, maybe it might turn bad and painful, but that does not make love bad altogether, because it might turn out to be beautiful too.
Think of love and your partner as a beautiful being, of course unless something bad happens. Do not let negativity control your heart, emotions and actions. Do not look at them skeptically since the first day, do not be sure that they will certainly break your heart because that happened with you in the past or with your neighbor or with that popular Quoran.
Love is just like life.
Sometimes difficult. Sometimes challenging. Sometimes even painful and ugly. Sometimes, we fall and fail. Sometimes we cry.
But mostly, in totality, it is majorly a beautiful place to be at.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are the benefits of getting married later in life?

Advantages Of Digital Publishing in 2022

Five Ways To Become A Better Writer