Dear Men

Dear men,

It is an open letter to all of you. Every single one of you. Kindly do read it completely.

Dear men, I get my half origins of existence from a man, I. E my father. I have a man in my life who I love teasing, who I call my brother. I have a man in my life who I love truly, madly, deeply, who I would very soon call a husband. And if I will be fortunate, I will have a man who will originate from my womb, who I will call as my son. Apart from them, I have male friends, I have thousands of male readers who look up to me, see me as an inspiration and respect me a lot. So in the beginning of this open letter, I would first like to thank God for creating men and giving me a few of them in my life as a blessing. All of you do so much for me, I cannot thank you enough.

Dear men, I understand and know most of you really respect women and their dignity, treat them good and try your best to keep them safe. But if you, God forbid, don't fall in the said category, and if by any chance you fall in the class of men which derives a pleasure by stalking, harassing, molesting, disrespecting and scaring women, it is my request to kindly stop for a moment and look at the face of your mother, sister, wife, daughter. Would you love it if they go through the same things which you're making other women go through? I hope not. So please, come back to the class where men look at women with respect.

Dear men, I know you admire beauty, and there is nothing bad about it. But kindly admire our hearts too. Yes, we the ‘Average Jane’s' of India. We, the women who are a little dusky or dark, or little chubby, or little short. Yes we, who are not milky white. We might not have the perfect figure, the clearest of skins, the silkiest of hairs, but believe us, we do have a lovely heart. We would like a little piece of admiration from you too, good and dignified admiration, not for our bodies, but for our mind, character and heart.

Dear men, not, not all of us are crazy feminists too, just like most men are not sexual assaulters. Most of us are sane. Most of us want a good guy, who can take care of us and support us, be loyal and loving to us no matter what. We don't want the richest prince for ourselves who can buy Versace or Gucci for us, we just want a man who can truly love us from his heart. But it breaks our heart when a lot of you ignore us for our average looks, and chase those excessively beautiful girls who break your heart for other rich guys. You ask where are the good women? We are right here, behind our glasses, braces, blemishes. We are right here, seeing you run behind that model looking girls, too inconfident to ask you out, because we feel we are not beautiful enough for you and your desires and needs.

Dear men, we don't want to break your family. We know you think we do. We don't want that. Again, most of us, just like you are young and immature, and we find it rather hard to adjust in a new environment quickly. We want a lot of your help, and a lot of acceptance and patience and love from you and your family initially. We don't want to feel like the outsider in your house. We get afraid that we might be judged, scolded, disliked or hated. So at first, we want to feel that we are an equal part of your family and you all accept us. Kindly give us that acceptance, make us feel like we are in our own home and not ‘in-laws' home, and in a few years you'll see us loving your family just like we love ours, maybe even more.

Dear men, when we fall in love with you, and ‘we' here means the good women, who actually loves you, we trust you a lot. A LOT. Please don't cheat us or leave for another girl you found interesting and beautiful out of the blue after promising big things to us since years. If we make love with you, or share some intimate pictures or things, we do all of that out of love and trust for you. Please don't break that love or trust. If you'll do that to us, you're not only ruining our heart and soul, but also punishing our parents for our actions. Please, don't say things you don't mean just to derive some pleasure out of us.

Dear men, a lot of women are harassing you now a days in the name of equality, women empowerment, freedom. They're mistreating you, your heart, your money, your emotions and even your family. They're misusing law against you for their selfish desires. Trust us, we sane women despise such acts as much as you do, and we are sorry on their behalf. But kindly do not paint all women in the same color because of such women. If there are bad men, then there are good men far more in number. Same way, if there are bad women, there are good women far more in number. Believe in us, we are everywhere around you.

Dear men, with this, I end the letter. Thank you to each one of you. A ‘man' is a beautiful creation of God. A creation which cannot be praised in words, it's just not possible. He's a creation which can only be cherished and cared for by being grateful.

Dear men, you are awesome.

Best wishes,

-An Indian Woman

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What are the benefits of getting married later in life?

Advantages Of Digital Publishing in 2022

Five Ways To Become A Better Writer