What do some people not realize is unhealthy?


7:00 A.M.

He: ‘Good morning baby. Wake up. Talk to me, I am missing you.’

She: ‘Yeah, I am up. Good morning. I am missing you too.’

9:00 A.M.

She: ‘You going to your college?’

He: ‘Yes, I am in my class. You?’

She: ‘I too am in class, feeling bored. Such a complex topic.’

He: ‘Let's bunk studies and go watch a movie. What's say?’

She: ‘But day before yesterday only we bunked our classes and went for a long ride.’

He: ‘So what? These are our fun days. Let's enjoy.’

She: ‘Okay. Will meet you in one hour at the mall.’

He: ‘Cool. I'll book the tickets.’

They spent all afternoon together.

5:00 P.M.

He: ‘Hey. What are you doing?’

She: ‘Going out with friends for a party.’

He: ‘Will there be boys too?’

She: ‘Yes.’

He: ‘Don't go.’

She: ‘But why?’

He: ‘Because I don't like seeing you go out with other boys.’

She: ‘Okay.’

9:00 P.M

She: ‘You're online and still not talking to me?’

He: ‘I was talking with Amit.’

She: ‘Send a screenshot. Prove it.’

He: ‘Cool. Here it is.’

She: ‘I just don't know why do you talk with that boy so much. I don't like him at all. Such a geek he is.’

He: ‘Relax. He's a good guy.’

She: ‘And did you change your Instagram password?’

He: ‘I did. Yes.’

She: ‘Send me the new password, stop talking with this boy and call me. I am feeling bored.’

He: ‘Okay.’

Few things which are deeply unhealthy but a lot of people, especially youngsters (18–23) don't realize are :

Satellite love : This is the kind of love where one or both partners act like satellites. They have this urge to know about each and every single thing, even the most mundane details of their partner's life. From what are they doing to where they are going, who are they texting or calling, what are they eating, everything needs to be shared hourly between the two.

Wasting precious time: 18–23 is the most important time to build up the first step of a career, i.e. giving at least 70–80% attention to studies. However, this is the same age where boys and girls deviate from their career goals and waste a lot of their time in relationships which breaks apart in few months 90% of the time. Something which they regret once they are over 25 and does not get good paying opportunities because of lack of knowledge and skills.

Insecure and controlling personality: ‘You won't befriend people of the opposite gender'. ‘Why were you talking to that person instead of texting or calling me?’. ‘Give me your social media passwords. I need to keep an eye on you.’ All these things clearly tell that their ‘true love' lacks trust, honesty, loyalty, maturity, commitment, understanding, comfort and a deep bond.

Stopping individual growth: When two people come together, not only they need to grow as a couple, they also need to grow as individuals in their own respective lives, and for that, a healthy personal space is required. Some couples in this age feel this need to constantly talk for 10–12 hours a day and they think they are very much in love and can not live without each other, but honestly, they are just stopping their and their partner's growth like this. The time which can be used in learning new skills, or gaining more knowledge is just wasted on Whats App, Facebook, Instagram, calls and numerous dates.


If you are a person who is 18–23 years old, or maybe even up to 25, this is my genuine advice that form meaningful relationships. Maintain one relationship and work on it maturely. And not only on it, work on yourself too.

Grow yourself, let your partner grow, and let your relationship grow too. Aimlessly running behind someone without no established boundaries will only waste your resources, i.e. your time, your money, your energy. Save your resources.

Trust me they are much more precious than you realize. Do fall in love, but also be wise enough to recognize if that love is actually making you a better person for a better future or if it is blocking your path to a better life.

Unhealthy love relationships will ruin your future quicker than you'll realize.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are the benefits of getting married later in life?

Advantages Of Digital Publishing in 2022

Five Ways To Become A Better Writer