COVID 19 Campaign- India Against Corona Virus By Lighting Lamps, Candles And Torches On 5th April 2020

COVID 19 Campaign- India Against Corona Virus By Lighting Lamps, Candles And Torches On 5th April 2020


Ever since I was a child, I was really weak in mathematics. No, weak is not the correct word, the poor would be more appropriate. I sucked at it, to be honest.

When I was in the tenth standard, and it was my mathematics board examination, I was in a really bad state. On the same morning, maybe out of stress, I got a fever. The pressure of the examination of a subject which was like a monster to me plus the pains and discomforts of a physical illness. Well, a fifteen-year-old child can only manage a limited pressure.

As a result, I fainted with a loud thud.

My parents came running in my room and picked me up, and then I told them all the things while crying and sobbing. Four hours later it was my exam, and there I was, crying on my bed surrounded by my parents.

My mother, just like any Indian mother, cannot see her child in pain, crying lost and defeated. She gave me medicine, made me some tea, and kept a passport size picture of herself and my father in my pencil box. Here's what she said to me.

“When you sit in the examination hall, there might come a moment you can go blank or a time when you will be very sure that you will fail and would feel like crying. At any such moment, look at the photos of me and your father, and always remember that we are with you and trust in your abilities and likewise we want you to trust your knowledge too. You have studied hard for this one day for months. You know it. Do not let fears overrule you. Remember we are there for you. Now you need to be for yourself too.”

I secured 75 marks in that exam. For many of you, 75 might not be a great score, but for me, it surpassed all the eighties I secured in other subjects. Because it was in that particular exam I was scared the most. I was defeated. I was sure I would fail. But I didn't. My fears were defeated.

The pictures of my mother and father did not give my exam. I did not even look at the pictures. In those three hours, a student does not get time to look at pictures. But during that time, in my heart, I knew, that even if I am not looking, there are pictures of my parents in my box. That they are back at home waiting and praying for me, my wellness and my success.

And this thought was motivating enough to encourage me to defeat my fears, challenges, and obstacles.

Lighting lamps or candles or flashlights won't defeat COVID-19 in India.

But it will defeat the fears, the uncertainty of the future, the depressions, the challenges that are residing in the hearts of 1.3 Billion people living in this country.

It will send out a message that in the time of this crisis, we as a nation stand as one. Though divided, we are still united.

It's just a measure to remind you that you have a family of 1.3 Billion people who are praying for you.

Lighting lamps or candles are not a religious or political task today. It isn't scientific as well. It isn't a substitute for the lack of medical facilities. It won't do any visible miracles. And you know what? We all know it. But it will do wonders in motivating the mental energy of this nation, which is needed in tons right now. It is something that will give each and every one of us that might be the night is at its darkest hour now, but at one moment, the dawn will emerge. This thing won't speed up the time, but will definitely give us the patience to hold on and wait for the beautiful morning. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are the benefits of getting married later in life?

Advantages Of Digital Publishing in 2022

Five Ways To Become A Better Writer