Books Are The Best...!!

Last year,during my stay in Jaipur,one day I was out at the mall.Now,I have this disease,that whenever I visit places like these,alone or with someone else,the first thing I search for is a bookstore.And that day too,this ritual continued.So,after few minutes,I was standing inside a reputed bookstore,looking at some new releases,some old classics,or to be honest,at everything.

So,after sometime,I finally found a book that interested me.As i was busy reading from the book's back cover,I felt someone jumping behind me.I turned around and saw a little 8-9 year old boy,who was indeed jumping to reach a book.An unintentional smile came to my lips,almost like an involuntary action.I went towards him and asked softly "Which one do you want ?".At first,the little boy was surprised,almost shocked.....or maybe,he was simply deciding whether I was intelligent enough to understand which one does he wants.Whatever was the reason,after 10 more seconds of complex calculation,he finally answered "That green,white and blue one".I smiled and handed the book to him.He opened the book,saw the colorful pictures,and within few more seconds,handed it back to me."I don't want this one,I want that one" and pointed his finger to another one.I handed him that one too.But even this time,he was not looking satisfied while flipping the pages.
"Do you like reading ?"I asked him.
Till this time,his hand held the book,but his eyes were searching for something more meaningful,or perhaps,more colorful.
"No" he answered.
"Then why are you buying one ?"
"My mom asked me to"
"Why"
"Arrey baba,she said that she would buy me the car only when I'll buy one book"he answered.
"Where is your mom then..?"
"Over there,in the toy shop" he showed me the shop.
"Hmmmm.So if you buy,say this book,will you read it ?"
On this question,the little boy smiled a very mischievous smile,and almost sang out a long "Noooooo"
"But,even then,you do have to buy one book"
"Yes" he answered,sadly.
"In that case,may I help you in selecting one ?"
He nodded.I smiled.
"Alright,but first tell me your name" I told him.
"Aarav"
"O.k Aarav,you know when I was your age,there was this one book I loved"
"You are reading books since you were my age ?" he asked,amazed.
"Yes"I replied,smilingly.
"Which one ?"
I looked around in a few book shelves in the "Children's Corner",and then I finally found it.
"Here,this one" I handed the book to him.
"Champak ?"
"Yes"
He opened the book,there were comics,puzzles,poems,short-stories,and yes,a lot of colorful pictures too.
"But what if i didn't like it ?" he questioned,confused.
"How can you say that ?. You haven't even read it yet"
He continued to look through the pages.
"Aarav,o.k. tell me one thing.What if you didn't like the car your mom bought ?"
"Ummm,first I will look at it,then play with it for 2-3 days,and if I didn't like it even then,I will keep it aside or give it to someone else"
"Exactly,the same goes with this book,you look at it,read it for 2-3 days,and if you didn't like it even then,you could simply keep it aside,or give it to someone else".
He looked at me,with some funny expressions.
"Fine,I'll buy it.Thank you for helping me",he said with a huge smile and waved me bye,towards his mother,whom I could see entering the store.
"Aarav".I suddenly called out to him,went towards him and said " You know what Aarav,cars are good,but books......they are the best,but you'll know this only when you start reading".He smiled and ran away.
His mother paid the bill for the book,and they left.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are the benefits of getting married later in life?

Advantages Of Digital Publishing in 2022

Five Ways To Become A Better Writer