Tied With You ♥♥

"Will you dance with me ?"
She looked up.Black hair,ending just above his eyes,flying in the wind.Brown eyes,depicting a lot of experience.A little smile,just like a kid.Maturity,with innocence.
"Will you dance with me ?"
"No."
"Why ?"
"I don't know you."
"Fair enough.Hi.I am Yug.Yug Sharma.I am a software engineer.I work in Mumbai,in ABC company.I came to Goa,with my team.We had a meeting.We are going back tomorrow.Since we are in Goa,my friends thought,why not celebrate the new contract ?So we came here.Do you want to know anything else ?"
"No."
"So now,will you dance with me ?"
"No."
"Why ?"
"Because I don't want to.Will you now leave me alone,Please ?"
"Alright.Anyways,it was nice meeting you.Bye."
She didn't responded.He sighed,and left.

                                                  ---------------------------------------

The party was over.Everyone either left to their respective night stay places,or were there on the beach,in the sand,drunk,sleeping,or even unconscious. But Anvi was sitting on the sand,wide awake.The waves,whose music was being neglected in the music coming from the speakers a few hours ago,were now singing happily.The wind,as usual,was challenging the ocean about it's power.The moon,full and bright,was lovingly looking down upon the earth,from a clear,unclouded sky.She wanted to run away.She was weeping,and praying.Praying that may the ocean take her away with it,so that she could sleep in it's depth peacefully.Praying,that,the wind should take her away with it,somewhere unknown,somewhere less painful.Praying,that,the moon would come down,and take her away with it,far from the reach of any human.No."It's not going to happen",she thought,wiped her tears away,stood up,and started walking towards the ocean."If it cannot come,I will go to it".
"Can I die with you ?"
She stopped,turned.It was him.Not again.
"You are a very interesting girl.You know why ? Because, it's because of you that today two things happened for the first time in my life."
She was looking down,hiding her tears.
"Since you are not going to ask me,let me tell you myself.The first one is,for the first time,a girl turned me down.And the second one is,I am witnessing someone,who is going to commit suicide."
" NO.I WASN'T."
"Oh yeah.Sorry.I know you were just going for an early,way too early morning walk.In the ocean."
"Listen,you don't know me,or anything about me,and neither I know you,so it would be a lot better if you could just leave."She told him frustratingly.
"Even I once tried to kill myself." he said,slowly.
Anvi kept on staring at the horizon.


"My parents died when I was three,in a road accident.My maternal grandparents brought me up then.My grandmother died of heart-attack when I was ten.My grandfather-at thirteen.I was left alone.Some of my relatives,handed me over to an orphanage.But there,I felt more lonely.I used to sit by myself all day.My school was changed to a less-expensive school,which meant,I lost my friends too.I used to eat very less.Till the time I turned fourteen,I was almost a skeleton.I was in depression,severe depression.Until one day,sister Marcia came in.She turned my life up-side down.Because of her,I embraced life again.I made friends,studied,and ate.Four years later,I ended up in one of the best engineering colleges of the country,securing scholarship."

He looked up.Anvi was looking at him,paying half-hearted attention to his story,to him.Finally.He smiled.

"My college life was almost same as everyone else.Friends,fun and studies.I was good in studies,I had to be.To keep on getting scholarship,I had to perform well,very well.And that's why, I was always the class topper.For me,everything was under control.Life was finally making some sense for me.For the first time,I was feeling secured of my future.Until one day,Ada came into my life.I was in second year,she was one year junior to me.We fell in love.I fell in love.The rest of the college years were like a fairy-tale.I completed my engineering and landed up in a really great job.A year later,she did the same."

He closed his eyes,and a tear fell down.Then another.His life story,for his own self,was like a bullet.Everytime he thought about it,his soul began to bleed.But narrating it was important today.To save this girl.Anvi,unsure of what to do,came and sat beside him on."It's ok."She said.Somehow,his story had caught her heart,fully now.

"After being a little settled in all ways,we went upto her parents, and we told them all about us.They became furious.Her father said that he will not let his daughter marry an orphan.I kept on begging.They kept on insulting.Some months latter, they married off Ada."

His eyes began to flood.Even Anvi eyes were wet.This guy next to her,had lost everything that mattered to him- his parents, his childhood, his grandparents, his love.She wondered if she was luckier than him.Maybe she was.

"Unsure of what to do with my life, I decided to end it.But suddenly, I remembered the lines that had changed my life previously. "Life, is a book.It has many chapters.With time, each chapter would end.But remember, never end the book because one chapter ended.Because,when one chapter's end, a new one begins.And it could give the book a twist one could never imagine.So,    if you want to know how the book ended, good or bad, just hold onto it.And keep going".

"It has been two years now.I don't know where Ada is.But, wherever she is, I want her to be happy.I try my best now.To move on.It's all that I can do now.When I said that you are the only girl who turned me down, I was saying the truth.The first girl I ever asked to dance was Ada.And she always said yes.The second one,however, was you."

He looked at her.His eyes were still wet.She was looking at the horizon.And then she turned towards him, and looked into his eyes, as she was too spellbound to say something.


                                        ---------------------------------------

Yug checked his cell phone.30 missed calls from his friends.The clock was showing 3:00 AM.He switched it off, kept it back in his pocket and turned towards Anvi.She was staring at the ocean.He was staring at her.

"My name is Anvi Raj.I was born in Goa itself.My father is a doctor, and mother, she was a bank employee.But after my elder sister was born, she gave up her career.My sister, Jhanvi,she is 4 years elder than me.She is married and lives in Australia."

She turned towards him, and suddenly she felt his eyes piercing hers.She quickly turned away and continued.

"Ten years ago, our father left us for someone else.He now lives in Delhi, with 
his new family.He tried to keep contact with me and my sister, but we just couldn't forget what he had done with our mother.Jhanvi was in medical school at that time.I was in school.6 years later, she married her classmate, and they settled in Australia."

"After school,I went to Mumbai for further studies,reluctantly.I didn't wanted to leaved Maa alone here.But she was adament. After completing my studies,I returned,and now live with my mother.I am a teacher in one of the Goa's top most school.3 years ago, when I joined here, I met Ayaan.And
as they say, he was a prince charming.Handsome, educated, polite.And very soon enough,we fell in love.Everything was fine until a year back.But then, out of no-where, his parents asked him to marry.He denied.But suddenly 3 months back, he messaged me that he had married.I tried to call him, contact him,but in vain.He moved to US after his marriage, courtesy the heavy dowry he received. "

Anvi could talk no longer.Her voice choked under the pressure of pain she was feeling.Why did Ayaan had to do it ? Yug, just like she did before, kept his hand on hers."I know how that feels." He said.

"I was, just like you, trying to cope up with life.My life became robotic.Home, school, tuitions, I had nothing to do other than them.But one month back, my mother became ill, seriously ill.The doctor said she has lung cancer." Anvi took a deep, painful sigh.My sister immediately called both of us to Australia, but I was not able to go.My mother, after a lot of persuasion, went.They had a lot of tests done.Finally,Jhanvi di called today."

Anvi looked at Yug.In his eyes.Yug was looking, as he noticed tears forming at the corner of her eyes,mixed with terror and panic."She said that Maa don't have enough time.A year at maximum."

Anvi burst out crying.It was as if water from a dam, finally broke all the walls, and ran out, taking everything away that came in its way.Yug, himself, was feeling a deep sense of grief.He knew the value of family and love.Yug hugged Anvi, tightly, not caring how she would react.She needed someone at that time.Anvi, as he embraced her, started crying even more in his arms."What will I do alone in this world Yug, without Maa, without Ayaan ? How will I live ? Isn't it better to die ?"They sat there for a very long time, which seemed eternity.Her cries subsided into low sobs.After some time he noticed, Anvi has fallen asleep in his arms.She was so 
fragile.He imagined a tag of "Handle with care" hanging down her neck.He took a deep sigh.

                                             ----------------------------------------

Anvi woke up with a start.Her heart was beating loudly, and her head was paining sharply.After some moments she realized she was thirsty too.As soon as she tried to bring her hand to her forehead, she noticed it was tied with a rope.She turned to her right, and saw Yug sleeping.She saw around, they were still on the beach, in the sand.People were all around them.She remembered last night.His story, her story.She again saw the rope.Her right hand was tied with it, and the other part was tied in Yug's left hand."He thought I will kill myself when he'll sleep."Anvi kept on staring at Yug, until both a smile to her lips, and tears in 
eyes, arrived automatically.

                                             ----------------------------------------

50 years later...

"Happy anniversary love."Yug said,kissing Anvi on the forehead.
Anvi opened her eyes,and smiled,"To you too.You remembered ?"
"Obviously,how could I forget the day I met you.On the beach."
"But you are an old man now.You don't even remember what day of the week it is."Anvi teased him.
"I will always remember you.I would,could never-ever forget you."Yug stared into her eyes.She was still as beautiful as she was on that day he first met her.Or she did on the days they roamed around in Goa,sharing problems,tears,smiles.Or on the day she did,when he finally married her,4 months before her mother left the world.After all it was her last wish,to see her daughter getting married.Today, she looked as beautiful,as she did on the day their son was born,or as on the day their daughter came into this world.Or on the day,their children married.In that cracked smile,he could remember the joyous laugh she had when she first held each of their grandchildren.In those wrinkled eyes,he could see his life,playing.

They could have kept on looking into each other's eyes for forever,but the doorbell suddenly rang.

"Let me go and check." Anvi said,rising up.As she did so,she instantly again fell back.She lifted up her right hand,it was tied.Tied with Yug's left hand.They both looked at each other,and started laughing,ignoring the doorbell,which was ringing again and agian.

                               --------------------------------------------------------------------------------  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are the benefits of getting married later in life?

Advantages Of Digital Publishing in 2022

Five Ways To Become A Better Writer